Thursday, October 8, 2009

Is Beyotch a Bad Word?

Yesterday, as we were leaving dance class, Izzy looked up at me and said, “Mommy, is beyotch a bad word?” Of course, I immediately turned my attention to her and said under my breath, “Yes, Izzy beyotch is a bad word.” She looked at me with one of her quizzical expressions and said (very loudly if you ask me), “You say beyotch all the time.” At this point I’m sure all the other mothers were staring at me in horror but I was way too embarrassed to look up. So I replied, “Izzy you are very right, I say that word all the time and I will quit saying it immediately.” This seemed to pacify her but I’m going to have to switch dance classes because I have now been classified as the heathen parent. I just wish that I wasn’t so addicted to the word. But this experience has probably shamed it out of me.

1 comment:

Ruby Susan said...

What a precious picture!