Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving with Marley

I'm way jealous of my parents and my grandma. They got to spend Thanksgiving with little Marley. Not that Chase and I didn't have fun, because we did. Chasey booked me a hotel room in the Radisson in downtown Salt Lake City and we had the best view because we were almost on the top floor. We ate room service and watched movies all night. It was very relaxing and just the break that we both needed. But my sister sent me this picture on Thanksgiving in case I was missing the extended family, which I was. They didn't even call me but this is a separate matter. I'm assuming that this picture wasn't taken on Thanksgiving Day in Sioux Falls, SD but who knows what global warming is doing these days. I thought that I could use this opportunity to post my top five things that I'm most thankful for.
  1. Izzy's sleeping patterns. My kid is awesome. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 8 weeks old. When she still awake past 9pm, she brings us her pj's and says "Time for bed." Thank you Izzy.
  2. My husband's sense of humor. Chase has such a big heart. I absolutely love that about him. And it doesn't take much to make him laugh which makes him fun for everyone to be around. Yes, it can be embarrassing when we are a ridiculous movie and he's laughing while everyone else in the theater is looking at him in shock, but its all part of his character.
  3. Our jobs. We have been so blessed that Chase's job hasn't been directly affected by this nasty economy. In fact, he has made more this year than last year which a lot of people can't say. Also, the fact that I'm based out of Idaho Falls now instead of Pocatello has made a huge impact on our lives.
  4. My parents. That's really all I need to say but I will choose to elaborate. They have always been there for me and they continue to put up with me. They are always willing to step in and help no matter what. I love them both very much.
  5. Our extended family. I have never loved my sister more than I have the last couple of years and I am so grateful for her family as well. Also, I don't think that I could have married into a better family. They are so sweet and nice to me that its my first instinct to be uncomfortable. But I couldn't appreciate these people more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - little Elliott is growing in leaps and bounds.I cant wait to see him/her!