Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Izzy Quirks

Isabelle definitely has some quirks. Quirks that are cute, quirks that are not so cute. But nonetheless, I will have to learn to live with them. One of her cutest little habits is to say "Too" after you say, "I love you Izzy." She can't be bothered to actually use the lung power to push out "Love you too" so she keeps it short and to the point. Too Mommy Too. Last night, I was tickling her until she said "I love you too Mommy." Needless to say, she had almost passed out from lack of oxygen from lauging so hard before she gave in. But I now know that she is capable. Another thing that she does that drives me nuts is to pull down on her car seat until she can wiggle her arms out of the straps. No matter how tight I get it, she gets out. I think that she consciously sucks in oxygen to falsely inflate her stomach so that it becomes loose once I stop looking. I'm constantly stopping the car to fix this. We have more than one car seat, so I know its her not faulty craftsmanship. Oh well. I have discovered a new trick to fix another issue we have though. No matter how excited she is to see me when I pick her up from daycare, she is upset by the time we get home. I have solved this problem by keeping dried cearal in the car. That's right. I'm teaching my child to solve her problems by turning to food. That is what these pictures are of. I give her a huge cup of dry cereal on way to the daycare in the morning and then keep the rest in the car. We are at the point now where she asks for her cup before we even get to the car to come home. But if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I guess I'm stuck with a messy kid in loose car seat straps.

No comments: