Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bandaiditis

My kid loves bandaids. We have gone through many a boxes without so much as a paper cut. When people ask me what happened, I tell them that she suffers from a severe case of bandaiditis. Every time she hurts, we put a bandaid on it and it seems to make her feel much better. But this time, it made me feel much worse. I put one on her cheek and when we went to pull it off, it left huge red welts. I couldn't believe it. I felt absolutely horrible. The skin on her face must be very sensitive and it looks like I beat the poor kid. I felt bad all night long and every time I saw her face, I felt like crying. She seemed to be alright though and let me rub lotion all over it. It looked a lot better this morning, which was a huge relief. Izzy had fun in the bath though. The kid loves the water and would spend every day all day in it if we let her. It is not uncommon for me to give her a bath at night and then find her outside the shower door trying to get in with me the very next morning. Often whenI pick her up in the evening, she's not wearing what I sent her in because she goes to the water fountain and tries to bathe in it. It's crazy! But I know some parents who have to fight their kids in and out of the bathtub and I feel lucky that is one thing I will probably never have to worry about. She's a regular fish!

No comments: