Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Where's Izzy?

If Izzy is ever asked to do something she doesn't want to do, I know where to find her. Whenever I hear little feet quickly scampering away, there is a good chance that I can find Izzy wrapped up in the drapes. This is her secret hiding place that is no longer a secret but she hasn't figured that out yet. When Izzy spends the night at my mom's house, my mom thinks it is hysterical that Izzy winds herself up in the drapes to avoid being dressed in the morning. I don't find it so comical. In fact, it pretty much drives me nuts. She does it so often that it has become one quick motion on her part. A combination of running and twirling at the same time so that she thinks she's well hidden. Never mind her feet sticking out of the bottom. This morning, I couldn't believe how fast she ran to the curtains. It was crazy. And then before I knew it, she was "gone." Once I left her there for a few minutes to see who had a longer breaking point. After five minutes, I heard little giggles coming from her hiding place. She really thought she had pulled one over on me. I had to laugh with her. At least she has a safe place to go. Mostly I'm grateful that they were cheap drapes to begin with because after the abuse they have been through, they are starting to show wear and tear. When Braxton was here, I would find both kids behind the drapes playing. There must be some fascination that I haven't discovered yet.

No comments: