Monday, November 17, 2008

My Daddy's At Work



My Daddy's at work is that statement that comes out of Izzy's mouth at least thirty times a day. No matter what you ask her, she responds with "My Daddy's at work." So you can imagine when she sees her Dad after three weeks of him being out on the road. It is almost hysteria. She starts bouncing and talking a mile a minute. And she forgets all about me. The person who has sustained her life for the last month without any help. The person who loves her no matter what. Oh well. Chase came home for the weekend and we had a great time. The best part was when we driving in the car and Izzy said, "My Daddy's at work." So I said, "Well then, who is that?" pointing to Chase. She said, "That's Chase!" And I said, "Isn't Chase your Daddy?" And then she said, "No, my Daddy's at work!" So I guess Isabelle knows something that I don't. But to be completely serious, I know that Izzy misses her dad like crazy and so do I! It seems like the days when he is gone drag by and our lives are seperate ordeals until he comes home. Oh well.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you found me!!
Your blog is super cute and so is Izzy! I love that hat pictures you have of her!

Can't wait to go to the movies with you and Paula! We are going to have a blast.