Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Izzy Rides A Horse

Cyndy tried to ride a horse with help from Chuck. I wonder how it feels to have your brother's hands all over your rear end. I hope I never know.
Izzy and Braxton on Spot.

Spot is getting tired of hauling all 33 lbs of Izzy around.


Marley was a little hesitant at first, which I think is a good sign. Izzy, on the other hand, usually refuses to get off and sometimes feels so confidant that she stops holding on.



Izzy practicing her rodeo wave.

My daughter loves horses. While most normal children wouldn't think of riding by themselves, Izzy almost refuses to share the saddle with anyone else. When she and Braxton were sharing, she threw a hissy fit and kept saying,"Izzy can ride alone." At her age, I was petrified of these huge, wild animals. I mean who really has control over a 1300 lbs animal? But she has no fear. To be honest, I'm still scared and it is painful for me to watch her. My dad took her on a ride to the end of my grandparents road and the entire time I felt like she was leaning way too far to the left. But she made it back in one piece. Not only did she not inherit my fear, but she also lucked out and avoided her dad's allergies. Chase can't even get near a horse without sneezing. I just hope she always knows that it is ok to play it safe and get off and walk your horse down hills. My father never used to let me do that and to this day, I have a hard time with going downhill on any mode of transportation (that is not enclosed anyway).

No comments: