Thursday, October 9, 2008

Megan!







I heard from my friend Megan today! That was super exciting. It sounds like she's having a wonderful time in Alaska being a teacher and molding the minds of the youth. Here is a small exert from her email.

"It is absolutely beautiful here but kind of lonely. There are only about 200 people who live in the village and around 67 students. I teach mostly the high school students and there are only 22 of them. They are mostly good but sometimes they talk too much. Just kidding. I am teaching a math class. It is kind of fun. I teach a journalism class, a middle school reading class, a middle school language arts class, two different high school language arts classes, an algebra class, and creative writing. You can only fly or boat into the village so I don't leave very often but that is okay. School keeps me pretty busy. There are not a lot of people my age and the ones that are my age have at least three or four kids."

Is it just me or is this insane? She teaches every subject! I had no idea people still lived like this! But I do know that if there was one person on this planet who could do it, it would be her. She may be small but she is powerful! I was so glad to hear from her today. I also heard from another old friend today, but that will have to wait for another blog. All I can say about this is that I'm glad that I have old friends!

I had to add some additional pictures after protest from Megan! In her words, I have to remember that she's a professional now not a college freshman...

No comments: