Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Missed The Boat Again








It's kind of early in the month for me to start feeling like a bad mom again, but what do you do? Ryan and Nicole were gracious enough to invite me over to dinner on Sunday night and I got to see Jade's Halloween costume. It's adorable! She's going to be Velma from Scooby Doo complete with a red wig and glasses. Nicki also said that Ryan was going to have to suck it up and wear a Shaggy Doo costume that is a little too small. I can't wait to see that! But back to the point, this made me realize that I had no idea what Izzy was going to be. I suggested that she be a chicken again and Chase told me no because that is what she was last year. As almost everyone knows, Izzy loves Elmo. So I thought Elmo would be a good fit for her. But I can't find the costume! I seriously thought I could breeze into Halloween Bootique and pick up Elmo or something equally cute. How naive! This is a competitive business and everything cute it sold out and/or backordered! I turned to the internet and Elmo is completely sold out on every single website I visited. And when I did manage to find one a used one, it was $60 and it got bad reviews because its extremely heavy and scratchy for a two year old. So Izzy is going to have to settle for Addy Cadabby this year. It's fairly cute, but I'm worried that it won't be heavy enough for an Idaho Halloween! Luckily, we will be having Trick-Or-Treating at the mall this year, so we should be good to go for Halloween night. For Boo at the Zoo, I'll just put lots of layers underneath. Wish me luck! Next year, I will either order her costume in January or throw a white sheet over her head the day of...

No comments: