Monday, October 13, 2008

I'll Be Watching You!




This was kind of a crazy weekend for me. Friday, I was out and about in the mall, when I looked up to see Chase and Izzy walking towards me. Yes, my husband who was supposed to be hundreds of miles away was at the Grand Teton Mall. It kind of freaked me out, mainly because I am a control freak and I have to know what is going on. I also hate to be surprised because it brings my anxiety levels way up. I love my husband but I feel very freaked out when he suddenly drops by like this because it makes me feel like I’m being constantly watched. But it was nice to see him. He also picked up our nephew, Braxton, on his way through Salt Lake City. He turns 6 today and is growing very quickly. I feel bad for the little guy because he can’t catch a break. He will always have to miss his mom or his dad because they live so far apart. We only had a couple little meltdowns this weekend because he missed his mom and then his dad (while Cody was at work). But I was able to take a few cute little pictures of him and Izzy. Izzy loves to play with Braxton and I think he tolerates playing with her. The problem is that she doesn’t understand sharing or the importance of never letting Spiderman touch the ground, which makes her difficult for a 6 year old to play with. Because it is Braxton’s birthday, I was going to write some things that I appreciate about him. I love Braxton because he has a sweet attitude. He loves babies and is always telling me how cute Izzy, Jade & Marley are. He puts so much passion into the things that he loves (like Spiderman) and is a very proud big brother of Brooklyn. It makes me think of the very first time I ever saw Braxton when he was only a few months old. He was just as sweet then as he is today.

No comments: