Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tori & Katie: Inn Love/Hate


Somewhere along the line, I have become addicted to Tori Spelling. This is not a proud moment for me. I have hesitated to identify myself as a TSpell fan because it really goes against everything I stand for in this crazy mixed up world. But none the less, I have had a lot of extra time on my hands at night so I have been watching her reality show plus rewatching all 10 (that’s right, all 10) seasons of Beverly Hills, 90210, the wonderful saga of ordinary 30 year olds living extraordinary high school lives. It’s great and I love it. But I have a few thoughts regarding her book:
  • Tori’s mother is psycho. The only thing she gives in this planet are things that she can remain in control of. When you are performing this song and dance to the tune of $500 million dollars, it makes you can across as very shallow as it has in this case. It makes me appreciate my own mom even more! I’m so glad that I don’t have to call her assistant in order to schedule a call with my mom. I would think that most mothers would be able to drop most things for a quick chat with their kids.
  • Tori is very unforgiving of her mother. There were a few passages in the book that I wanted to highlight and send back to her. Being that it was a book on loan from a friend, I refrained. (Thanks Kelly and LeAnna! I really did love the book and I promise that it will be returned in the same condition as I got it). Tori, of course your parents weren’t overjoyed at the news of your latest engagement. They went through the same charade less than 2 years earlier. Get a grip! And there were moments that even in your remembrance of the story the audience could tell that your mom was trying and you weren’t letting her.
  • Tori complains a lot about her elaborate childhood under the guise of writing a memoir. I’m sorry that you got a Madame Alexander doll every year for Christmas, but unless this was your only gift, I’m still not getting the issue. It must weighing heavy on your mind because you brought it up in nearly every single chapter of your book.
  • Nothing that I read in the entire book justified what they did to Dean’s son. Do whatever you want to other adults that can defend and take care of themselves, but your main job should be to protect your kids.
These were a few of thoughts that I had while reading the book. Overall, I found it very enjoyable and I LOVED the behind the scenes details of 90210. I’m even more in love with Luke Perry than before! Too bad he’s old enough to be my dad and I’m already married. But I still love Tori Spelling!

No comments: