Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cam Cam's Half Birthday


Today little Cambri turns 6 months old. I honestly can't believe it. Except for the fact that I can't exactly remember my life without her. In honor of this enormous day, I have compiled a top six list of my favorite things about her.

1. She is my sweet baby. While my other child, who shall remain nameless, was more like a tornado on speed, Cambri has been low maintenance since day one.

2. Her smile is huge. Oft it is an empty smile but that’s almost the best part. Her innocence is still intact.

3. She brings out the gentle side of the above mentioned other child. While this other child is still not a natural care giver, she is fiercely protective and sweet when little Cam Cam is involved.

4. Little Cam Cam is actually not that little. She dwarfs other baby’s her same age which makes her seem less fragile to her inexperienced mother.

5. When you put her down for a nap, she just lays there, even if she is not tired. This may explain the larger than average bald spot on the back of her head.

6. Once in a while, she lets her Mom get a full night sleep. While it hasn’t occurred lately or any other time in my conscious memory, it must have happened since I’m still functioning at a somewhat respectable level. Part of the joy of Cambri is there is no guessing when these nights will be so they are an unexpected delight.

Here is to another wonderful six months!

No comments: