Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Baby for Rent

.
I was going to label this post BABY FOR SALE. But I overrode the innate drama queen inside of me because I thought it best to keep my blog felony free. I would hope there are some other moms out there who can empathize with me that a lack of sleep can do weird things to the mind. Cambri is a horrible sleeper. She is literally breaking my spirit by waking up two to three times a night. After I’m awake, I begin stressing out about not possibly not being able to go back to sleep quickly which essentially keeps me up even longer. So every time I’m up, it turns into at least an hour ordeal. Can you see where I’m going with this? I know my sister-in-law has been doing this for 4 years and I literally think she must be bionic. After five months, I have hit the quota of compassion that I can possibly pull out of my system at 3 am. Last night, I was so tempted to see if I could wait her out and will her back to sleep by praying really hard. It didn’t work. In fact, she woke Izzy up so I had two joys to deal with instead of only one. Izzy wanted me to turn on The Backyardagains at 4:27 this morning. All I can say is that Chase is on extreme baby duty as soon as he walks in the door. You can only imagine how thrilled he is going to be.

1 comment:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

I am with you today on this one. Last night was horrible. Asher woke up at least 4 times screaming and unconsolable (I don't think he was acutally all the way awake-- you know how that goes). Jon ended up watching Signing Time with him at 4:00 AM. SO if it makes you feel any better know there was some one else awake watching kiddie shows that early too.

But man, what a woman you are to be handling so much by yourself! YOU are bionic! The few times I've had to handle a night of crying by myself have almost resulted in "shaken baby" moments-- never have, but it is hard when you are tired and frustrated. Hope tonight is better.