Monday, December 14, 2009

Tired of Being Tired


Well, I spoke too soon with the last post. Little Cambri acted very naughty on Saturday night and pushed her loving mother to the literal breaking point. I would hope that anyone even remotely interested in reading this would understand that I do love my baby very much. But nothing could make little Cam Cam feel good on Saturday night and she was determined to let me know it. By three a.m. I had been up most of the night and I couldn't take it anymore. Chase hasn't been home since the Friday after Thanksgiving and I can't even tell you how much I had been feeling this. I was spending the night at my parents house and I had to go into their room and tell them I was too tired to do this and I needed some help. Please understand that I know it was technically not their problem and I would never want to push my kids off on them for no good reason. But Saturday night it finally clicked in my head why people shake babies. NO, I'm not saying that its ok to shake a baby. Absolutely not. I'm just saying that people who don't have restraint skills might feel at the end of their rope and think they can't take it anymore. I'm sooo lucky that my parents understood and when I reached out to them, both were willing to jump out of bed and take turns helping me with little Cambri so I could get some sleep. Don't get me wrong, peeps. Cam Cam paid me back the next night by getting me up 8 TIMES. But after a solid six hours of sleep that night before, I was ready and one might even say amiable towards my little bundle at 4am. I swear that a midnight wake up call is the reason God made babies so cute!

1 comment:

The Cook Nook said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad that you reached out to your parents. I don't know how you've been doing it alone all this time. I'm sure they are very willing to help. YAYYYYYY! :D