Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lisa's Place

Call me crazy! But I went to Lisa's Place with:



Isabelle



Braxton



Natasha

AND




Jhanna

completely unassisted. Let me tell you, it an endeavor. When I got the idea to take the girls, Braxton wasn't actually home. So I was going to take three mobile children and my baby. Of course when B-Ray did show up, I couldn't exactly tell him that everyone was going to Lisa's but he wasn't invited. So I cut Cody a SWEET deal and passed off my lovely, sleepy 5 month old in exchange for his very active, hungry 7 year old. It seriously would have been a safety issue for me to take all five kids. A mental health safety issue for myself and a physical safety issue for the kids. It took me 17 minutes to get everyone from the entry way of the house to the vehicle. I'm not exaggerating, I timed it. By the time I got the three girls in car seats and Braxton buckled in, I was exhausted. But I pushed on because I thought it would be a good energy release for the kids. Through numerous nose wipes, potty breaks and emotional meltdowns, I persevered and we had a good time. There was only one empty threat of tying a child to the table on my part so I have to consider the evening a success. Paula’s final got done faster than expected so she ended up meeting us there. Which I have to be honest, I was dreading the load up thing again. There is only so many times a body can bend in the necessary fashion that bucking two children in the backseat of an SUV takes. Trust me when I say I’m getting old!





P.S. In case these photos look familiar, they were taken at Leo’s Place. My ever observant daughter insists on calling it Lisa’s Place because calling it Leo’s makes it sound like “only boys can play there” and she’s a girl. Fun times are heading my way, I can already feel it.


No comments: