Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tough Love

My ladies have undertaken a new adventure. They are staying with Paula while I’m subjecting myself to inhumane torture (i.e. being at work when I would rather be at home). Just the other day, I was sitting at work, probably doing something SUPER important like deciding what my new speaking point will be when people start complaining about not having a food court in the mall (saying “What?!?!??! We don’t have a food court??? is starting to lose its appeal, I thinking of going with “Think of it as a long term solution to adult obesity” while I stare at their waste line) when Paula texted me this.

“The girls were playing house with Cam. I don’t think they understand that she is not a doll. I just heard her crying. The 3 girls were trying to put her in her car seat so they could ‘run errands.”

Poor Cam Cam. Those of you that know her know that it takes something fairly extreme to get her crying. She is going to be extra tough with three big sisters taking care of her. Acutally poor Paula. I couldn’t even begin to deal with the drama that FOUR girls can create. On a good day, I can barely handle two. Last weekend, Paula and I took the girls to the movies and they were bopping up and down and ramming into the seats of the people in front of them. That gives me EXTREME anxiety but Paula is much more chill about things, which is why my family is lucky to have her.





2 comments:

The Cook Nook said...

Awww she's soooo precious! Paula is such a trooper. You ARE lucky to have her. I'm so glad you don't have to go to Iona every day!!!!

The Lanier Family said...

oh i miss her!!