Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Yes, I'm Crazy.

Katie decided some people in her life deserved a much needed night off and volunteered to take a few kids to the free movie at Ammon Elementary. Completely unassisted.

7 kids to be exact.

Here is a timeline on her how thought process went throughout the evening.

5:45: Wow, I have all the kids buckled in the car and we are going to be on time.


6:15: The movie has begun and all kids are in their seats quietly watching. And Kate Gosselin moans about eight. This is too easy.

6:30: Ok so five spilt juice boxes aren’t that big of deal. The stickiness on the bottom of my shoes is providing good traction and it will come off.

7:12: What movie are we at again? I’ve spent more time shuffling kids to the bathroom than anything else. 12 potty breaks so far. Note to self that juice boxes in the beginning of the movie not such a good idea.

7:45: Good thing we sat in the back. Six squirming kids playing skittle bowling in the aisles is only distracting me.

7:48: Ok it’s distracting other people.

7:50: No one’s listening to me. I’ll have to lay the smack down.

7:51: Wow that was a complete failure.

8:00: Ok movie is over. Everyone will need to grab someone’s hand and we will walk calmly to the car.

8:01: Holy CRAP! Where is everyone?

8:10: These kids haven't even eaten dinner. I’ll have to see if they are hungry.

8:10:30: I’ll take the chanting of McDonalds as a yes.

8:15: I understand they want to go in but that’s not going to happen. It will be easier to have them eat at my house.

8:30: Wow this should only take me about 10 hours to clean up.


9:00: Do these kids have parents?

9:10: I must be crazy. No one is listening to me.

9:30: Let them tear the house to bits playing Hide-In-Seek, I don’t care.

Even Cam Cam got into the festivities. She tried to get under the couch.

9:31: Ok I do care. Crawling up the drapes is not acceptable.

9:32: Back to not caring. I can’t pick which battle to fight. The drapes, the laundry soap or the linen closet.

9:33: Seriously, do these kids have parents?

10:00: EVERYONE IS GOING TO BED RIGHT NOW!!!!

And they did. If anyone has a room with padded walls available, please let me know.

2 comments:

Megan and Kenny said...

Too bad the Ammon McDonalds doesn't have a playplace. That might have worn them out a little bit. Now that it's over, think of the happy memories that you created. :)

Katherine said...

I have totally been there. You are a good woman, and sure blessed some people. Your blog is hilarious! Sometimes being a "seemingly single mom" (my hubby works out of town too), is sure an adventure.