Friday, February 12, 2010

Ta Dah!

So it must be apparently obvious to all of you that Isabelle is extremely talented at a LOT of different things. Or so says her fervent mother who hasn’t been sleeping through the night in about seven months. Please don’t find me too annoying. But one of Izzy’s super new talents is a little thing called “taking pictures.” My little girl is a natural photographer! While some parents shy away at their toddler manhandling their $300 expenditure, I usually say “Go for it!” Now that I’m starting to connect these pieces in my head, I’m beginning to realize this may reason that my camera is currently not zooming in or out. Such is life. Actually, if I’m being totally honest, I like to use the camera as a distraction. Izzy can be entertained for hours by running through the house flinging my camera back and forth into walls, dropping it on the ground and otherwise being destructive. I justify this to my husband by pointing out that this means less time in front of the TV. Here is the portfolio that I’ve starting putting together for her. I will keep you posted on the response I get when I start shopping it around.

The Self Portait


The Action Shot


Miscellaneous Children (aka my adorable neice Marley)


Newborn shots (notice both of my hands are in the picture)


Nature Shot


All of these were taken by my little super genius. I can always count on Izzy to fill up my camera with 100+ shots every time she gets a hold of it. It's lots of fun when I'm trying to quickly import one photo, let me tell you. But I usually get a kick out what I see. This next picture actually took me a second to figure out. Can you guess what it is?  Here's a hint.

Please don't call Child Protective Services.