Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day Utah Style

The Burkes went to Salt Lake for the weekend.

We swam.


We looked at fish.


But best of all, we hung out with our Chasey.


Chase begged us to come down for the weekend but I have to be honest that I was a little hesitant being that traveling with two kids is A LOT of work. But then my Grandma called and asked for a ride to Ogden and my friend Paula wanted to get away for the weekend as well. So 1 senior citizen, 2 exhausted mothers and FOUR girls under the age of 4 set out for a combined 6 hours in the car hearing "She won't be my best friend." "She poked me" "She's being loud." The best phrase of the weekend was "I can't stop it. It's coming, it's coming, it's coming, it's coming. It's all done." In case you can't use your imagination, that was Izzy having an accident in the car and giving everyone a play by play. But there were a few highlights including Cambri swimming for the first time, visiting the aquarium and me getting a fabulous pedicure.








There are way worse ways to spend your weekend!

2 comments:

Golicova Family said...

What no mention of the cheeto incident?

The Cook Nook said...

This is so sweet. Little Izzy is so photogenic. You can tell she loves pictures. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your love on V-day and also glad you had company on the drive!! :)

xoxox