Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Soccer Makes Me A BAD Parent

Have I mentioned in this forum yet that Izzy joined a soccer league with Natasha and Jhanna?



Probably not as she doesn’t not have enough focus to actually participate.



She made me feel like a super awesome parent yesterday when I showed up. She said, “Wow Mom, you actually came to watch me play soccer.” I kind of felt bad that this was the 4th practice and the 1st one I have been at. I could roll through my list of reasons (mainly our Tuesday evening Farmer’s Market at Pine Ridge Mall, check it out ;) but to a three year old, none of it would matter. Thankfully she was just glad that I came.

Natasha also made me feel really good when she pointed out “Katie you have no idea what you are doing.” She then proceeded to correct my kick and actually gave me some good pointers.





Needless to say, I am not a natural born athlete. But Paula is.


Yes, that is Izzy sitting in the Goal. I tried to get her out but she wouldn’t budge. Izzy did kind of get into at the end. It would have probably helped if I had put her in appropriate clothing but I kind of forgot. She wasn't the only girl in a dress though!


I asked her what her favorite part was. She said, "When I was a cheerleader at the end."

Guess what else happened? Lightening struck a tree at Tautphaus Park and a branch came tumbling done. I just knew it had hit my car as my luck is crappy.

But it didn't. The branch crashed into the windshield of the silver truck. I still felt really bad for that guy though.

And now I will close in a Sex & The Cityesque fashion.

Is this what being a soccer mom is all about?

No comments: