Thursday, June 10, 2010

WTH?

What a month!

First my purse got stolen out of my car. So good bye Louis “Vitton.” You were a wonderful knock off that got compliments wherever I went. Probably because you were illegally made, but you always were mistaken for the real thing.



Next, my DAD, stressed me completely out. My camera was in above mentioned purse and alas has gone the way of my LV. Forever in my heart but never in my hand. When I asked to borrow his camera for a couple days, he couldn’t locate it. The next day when he did find it, he left it on my friend Paula's front step (which goes virtually unused) early in the morning and left me an abstract voicemail saying it was there. Being that we have had the conversation that I don’t check my voicemail coming up on A MILLION TIMES, I have no idea what he was thinking. Of course when he did actually call me later the night, Paula could not locate the camera, leaving me extremely stressed out.

Later it comes out that he stopped by and picked up camera on his way home from work and wanted to “scare” me into checking my voicemail. This prompted me to ask a few questions:

1. Did I ask you to leave the camera? NO
2. Did you mention the night before that if you camera turned up, you would bring it to me? NO
3. Have you ever left ANYTHING for me on PAULA’s front porch before? NO
4. Are you capable of what they call a “text message”? YES
5. WTH were you thinking?

The FUNNIEST part of the conversation was when I still thought the camera was missing, I tried to remind my Dad that I have a lot going on. His response was that HE has a lot going on.

Let me tell you, those NBA Finals aren’t going to watch themselves. Oh wait, my 22 year old brother (who can use the bathroom on his own initiative and theoretically could feed himself if push came to shove) is staying with him. This is some how the same as me currently single motherhooding it three weeks out of the month for TWO babies while keeping up with my 40 hour a week job and replacing ALL THE CONTENTS OF MY STOLEN PURSE. Again I ask, WTH was he thinking?

And last, but certainly not least, my baby is turning one at the end of this month.

Where has the time gone? I don’t have it in me to do any kind of party, so I hope she doesn’t compare baby books with Izzy anytime before she is mature enough to understand. I am going to get her a cake and let her go to town. I was going to ask my Dad over to watch but considering that he has turned to using mental torture games, I may have to reconsider.

Do I sound disgruntled yet?

No comments: