Monday, June 28, 2010

27 Incredibly Fascinating Things About Chase


  1. He loves his family more than anything

  2. Even more than the UFC, which he loves A LOT!

  3. He oft refers to the Denver Broncos and himself as “we.” For example, he says “We just scored” or “We are going to the Super Bowl this year” or “We get paid way too much money to prance around in tights on national television.” (I may have made the last thing up.)

  4. He receives no paycheck from the Denver Broncos :( thus confusing his wife with above mentioned “we” comments.

  5. He doesn’t use words like prance, dainty, civilized in his day to day conversations. He is more of an arm bar, jack hammer, tap out kind of guy.

  6. He actually loves his job. Crazy and difficult to understand for most of us 40 hours a week because we have to kind of people. I actually believe him for two milliseconds when he says he would keep going even if he won the lottery. I believe the average person not at all when I hear something stupid like that come out of their mouth.

  7. He has a little natural curl that pops through on the chest & back region. His oldest brother calls him Austin Powers, his sister-in-law calls him an ape, I call him hoootttttt.

  8. His favorite TV show is True Blood. I have tried watching it, I don’t get it. He does his best to explain it to me but if hear one more thing about “V” I’m going veebop over there and v him. Whatever that means, I have no idea.

  9. His most favoritest nickname is Kimmy which I lovingly coined for him. There is nothing like calling it out loud in a store and having him plus a few 17-21 year old females turn around. Cracks me up every time. Does anyone still name their kid Kimberly? I have no idea but I hope so. It's a solid name.

  10. Chase paid as much last year in taxes as I took home all year. There is nothing funny about this, it is just plain annoying.

  11. Chase and I met at a Dairy Queen. I still have a flash bulb memory of the first time I saw him. Naturally, it was love at first site for him. Or so I make him tell me.

  12. His mother ruined him at a young age by tickling his back. I’m going to start sending her anonymous hate mail (just kidding Jana, love you:). Every night, he lies in bed and says “Tickle me, tickle me, tickle me.” Like a Tickle Me Elmo with wet batteries. Thank goodness I can’t grow nails or else I would be tempted to scratch very very HARD.

  13. Chase and I dislike all the same people. You know who you are. He just does a much better job at pretending.

  14. Chase’s favorite pie is pecan. So I made him one last week. He kept saying how proud of me he was but managed to avoid taking a bite. Until he found out that Sherri helped me. He dove right in after that.

  15. This one is for Idaho Falls people. Do all of you know the Babe Ruth house across from Tautphaus Park? It kind of ugly because it’s a square with yellow and green siding. Chase’s dead dog, Mikey, is buried underneath it. I guess the word dead is assumed as a live puppy underneath it would surely cause a scene.

  16. Chase really wants a boy. I’m sure he and his next wife will be very happy together, procreating until they get a boy.

  17. Chase’s first wedding ring that I got him is at the bottom of the roundabout fountain at Taylor’s Crossing on the River. Happy looking to all you treasure hunters.

  18. Chase & both of his brothers have a real sense of urgency about them. Whenever I travel with them, I have to up my anxiety medication because they make me so tense. They are always in a hurry to get to nowhere. And I get scolded when I try to ask questions.

  19. Chase tells me everything. I always think its funny when he starts out the sentence, “I’m not supposed to tell you but.” Which sometimes leads to fights because I know too much especially when I start asking THOUGHT PROVOKING questions on why this was intended to be kept a secret.

  20. Chase is like a small school girl. He has a fetish with small puppies and constantly tries to bring them home.

  21. Chase can sit down and watch a movie halfway through. Even if he has never seen it. Even worse, when he has seen it a million times.

  22. Chase cried at the birth of both of our daughters. Halfway through pushing Izzy out, I had to tell him to man up. But in retrospect, it is one of my favorite memories.

  23. Chase doesn’t like snowcones very much. I hesitate to even jot this un-American statement down but I cannot tell a lie.

  24. Chase used to live in Denver and still speaks of the city fondly. Trust me when I say the city was glad when he left.

  25. Chase sleeps with his pillow vertical. And with a crimped neck like that, he starts to snore. That’s when I start pulling out his leg hairs while pretending to be asleep. I think I’m going to take a picture so I can show all of you how UNCOMFORTABLE he must be.

  26. Chase has an electric tooth brush that he carefully disassembles after every use. It’s very metrosexual of him.

  27. Chase deserves to have a great birthday because of the person that he is. He is honest, hardworking, admirable and the strongest person I know. He is truly my very best friend and I love him more each year.

2 comments:

Tamye said...

Katie #7 is just TMI... Chase must really love you to let you post some of these comments! Good job though.

The Lanier Family said...

you two are so very lucky. I wonder what 27 facts he would say about you sis...