Tuesday, June 1, 2010

WOW!

Wow, Chase and I have been married for five years. I can’t believe it. In some ways it feels like we have been together since before time really began. But we still have so much fun that most things continue to feel new and exciting. It may have been that our anniversary was last Friday or the fact that I went to a wedding over the weekend, but I spent a lot of time reflecting on what makes Chase and I do well together. I came up with this wonderful list for your viewing pleasure.

1. He’s the youngest child i.e. he is used to being bossed around and lets me continue to do so. All of you other oldest children out there know that we need someone to boss around like a fish needs water. Chasey, at the very least, lets me pretend that I in charge most of the time.

2. He’s a hard worker. Anyone who has seen his pay stub knows that 80 work weeks are common place when the rest of us slackers (me) start moaning and threatening mutiny when our work weeks starts broaching 40.25 hours.

3. He is madly in love with me. I’m not sure why but he is. Even when I’m annoying.

4. We are best friends. I don’t think there is a living soul out there that no knows me better than him. He can recognize my “Wow, this person is an idiot” expression, my “I really DON’T like you, I’m just being fake” face and best yet my “I’m so tired I may just pass out but I’m trying my best to seem engaged” look.

5. He’s a good dad. He is good at things I’m not, which works out for our kids because I’m not overly maternal.

Naturally I could go into more details but I don’t need to. I think that all of you understand my point…

1 comment:

The Cook Nook said...

Awwww. Happy Anniversary! :)