Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010


Unfortunately our only unique Burke Family Easter tradition is the fact that Izzy dresses herself in the most embarrassing pj’s the night before and I fail to remember that I will be taking pictures the next morning. But alas I thought I would post anyway. Those of you who live in the Idaho Falls area know that we got hit with snow the entire weekend, so any outside egg hunts were out of the question for this family. I did see in the newspaper that the few brave souls who courageously battled the weather made a killing in candy. But that's ok because while we had fun with Easter baskets, I want Izzy and Cambri to understand the real reason behind the day.

John 3:16,17(16) For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (17) For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

I did feel an incredible hole throughout the day without my Mom. Easter Sunday marked 1 month that we have been seperated, it also brought me one month closer to our reunification.

1 comment:

Nic said...

You will see her again. And I did have fun with you Easter morning. I love you dad. He is a great man.