Friday, April 30, 2010

Retaining Wall

I kept Chase pretty busy this week with the Honey Do's. Besides chauffeuring me around town, providing top notch child care services and other miscellaneous errands, he built me this lovely retaining wall.

He had lots of help.
And he worked well into the night.

But he got it done! I only got reprimanded once during this project, so I consider it a success! He was meticulously flattening the gravel that the stones were going to sit on and it just kept calling my name. I couldn't resist the urge to feel how flat it was so I took off my shoe and stepped on it. I really just wanted to graze the surface but I kind of got carried away. It was kind of like walking in the sand at the beach to this homegrown Idaho girl. When he saw that it had been messed up, he blamed it on Gordy. I was going to let him take the fall but then it did occur to Chase that a 5 lbs dog couldn't have made such a mark and he immediately turned to me. Sigh. He got over it after claiming that he had to "start completely over" which trust me was the drama king inside him as it only took him 2 minutes to fix.

No comments: