Monday, December 22, 2008

A Burke Family Christmas

After a quick adventure to Salt Lake City, I’m glad to say that we all made in back in one piece. The Burke Family Christmas Party was this weekend, so Ryan, Cody, Jade, Isabelle, Mia & I piled in the Yukon Saturday night after I got off work. I was just grateful that I didn’t have to drive. Jade was definitely the best behaved kid throughout the trip. Mia got to come with us which was very exciting. I bet Chase $100 she wouldn’t come because I didn’t think Nicole would want to be away from her quite yet. I wasn’t the only one who thought that way because I heard a few people at the Christmas party tell other people that Nicole & Mia didn’t come. Jana was obviously very excited Mia came and held her all day long, which is probably why other family members hadn’t seen her at that point. I know that it was extremely difficult to let her baby go but I think that Mia punished Ryan enough during the night. From what I hear, she was up all night long! I got punished on Sunday though becuase Isabelle refused to nap which is not best case scenario. In fact, is probably very close to worse case. I was extremely tired by end of the party because it was just a very long weekend. On the car ride on the way home, Isabelle started freaking out and cried for 20 minutes. When we finally got to a place where we could stop, she was sweating to death but she calmed down. After that things went smoothly. The girls watched a movie, I tested Ryan to establish that he wasn’t a serial killer (though he did have a cat story that was extremely creepy) and we made it home by 10. Not a bad trip and best of all, I didn't have to drive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the picture is of mary gay and 3 of her friends from yellowstone park when she worked their jerry and I are the two on the left. we crossed the river and had a wild ride chuck