Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Hate Alltel

I have been stuck in Alltel hell for approximately two months now. It's actually gotten to the point where I have lost sleep. It's a very complicated story but I feel like it might alleviate some of my bah humbugs to get it off my chest. WAY BACK in October, I lost my cell phone. It was my own fault and I took responsibility for the situation. My husband lovingly went to Alltel for me and got me a new phone. Please keep in mind that prior to this incident, I had had the same Blackberry for two years. In fact, the person that helped Chase get me a new phone called my old phone a ghetto fabulous dinosaur. But I liked the phone and it still worked, so why get a new one? Chase brought me home a new phone. Two days later, it stopped charging and the Alltel employee that helped me told me the portal was shot. They gave me another phone and this phone worked for maybe one month before the portal became broken again. So to keep up, I picked up my third new phone in one month. Two weeks later, it stopped receiving incoming calls. Every call went straight to my voicemail. Once again, I went to the Alltel corporate store (on 17th just in case anyone out there cares). Let me be clear in saying that every time you go in there, you have to put your name on the list and wait for over an hour. So I went to pick up my 4th Alltel phone, waited for over an hour and was then told that I had to call the Tech desk first. Meanwhile, my two year old is running around like a demon. She can be very good but she was losing her patience very quickly. Especially because I was on the phone and unable to distract her. Finally, they determine that (imagine this) the phone is defunct. So they give me a new one after 2 1/2 hours. I go home, like instructed, turn the stupid thing off and start to charge it. I wake up in the morning and, you guessed it, the portal was busted and not working. I once again go back to Alltel on a Saturday. They tell me that all their Blackberry phones are gone and all the loner phones are checked out. So I leave without a cellphone. They tell me that they will have a phone overnighted on Monday and it will be in on Tuesday. And I'm expected to go without a phone this entire time. WHATEVER. I go back on Wednesday to pick up my phone because I didn't have the heart to go in on Tuesday. I arrive at 6:30. At 8:15 they tell me that my phone hasn't arrived yet and there is nothing I can do or that they are willing to do for me. At this point, I have had enough. I got up this morning and called customer service. Guess what they did for me? They have me a $10 dollar credit. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? And I still don't have a phone. So I looked up the head of marketing for Alltel and I sent him an email. I will keep you posted but not via phone OBVIOUSLY! This entire time, I feel like they think I'm doing this on purpose. I had the same phone for TWO YEARS without any problems. I am not hard on cell phones. I love my cell phone. I take good care of it. Every time I go in to the corporate Alltel store, I am nice and kind and do my best to realize that these people are not behind my problems. Maybe if I start being beyotchy, they will do something. This is a society that rewards bad behavior, right?

No comments: