Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dance Dance Dance

Isabelle started dance yesterday. Her ADD kicked in towards the end but she really did try hard. During warm up, my child was the only one that couldn't figure out how to skip and keep her hands on her hips at the same time. She would stop and get her hands on her hips, then start skipping and forget about her hands. So she would stop and put her hands on her hips and then attempt to skip again. It went on and on like this until Miss Janell told her she could skip with her hands in the air like the free spirit that she is. For the first half hour, they played games and learned different ballet positions. Izzy was kind of a train wreck during the ballet part. She was too busy trying to stay on her piece of tape to figure out what was going on. For the last half hour they concentrate on gymnastics. This is the part that was hard for Izzy. When you have 16 little 3 and 4 year olds and 2 instructors, you are going to have to wait your turn. Isabelle couldn't handle this. Instead of waiting in line, she would run over to me every 2 minutes and say, "I'm having so much fun Mommy. I'm listening to my teacher just like you said." And I would say, "I'm glad you're having fun but Miss Janell is telling you to stay in line." So she would run back. Isabelle got so excited during cart wheel time that she kept cutting to the very beginning of the line, so Miss Janell would have to move her to the back. I can tell already that Miss Janell is going to earn every penny I pay her. I'm going to work with Izzy on being patient and focusing on the task at hand, so hopefully it gets better. Though it was very obvious she wasn't a natural, she has passion!

1 comment:

Ruby Susan said...

Hilarious accounting, Katie. I tried to put Julie in dance when she was 3, but all she could do was cry!