Friday, May 29, 2009

4 Years Ago

Now you're my whole life


Now you're my whole world



I just can't believe the way I feel about you


Like the river meets the sea



Stronger than it's ever been


We've come so far since that day



And I thought I loved you then.


~Brad Paisley Then




Four years ago, we wouldn't be able to recognize our life now. 1.8 kids, a mortgage, different jobs, an il stupido Chihuahua. But when I look at these pictures, I realize that the good things that I fell in love with back then exist today but are even more prevalent. Even after four crazy years. I still think that Chase is my absolute best friend who knows me better than anyone else on the planet. He can see right through me and know what I’m really thinking no matter what is actually coming out my mouth. I truly believe that he has the biggest heart out of anyone that I have ever met. Harmony and empathy rank very high on his list of strengths and I wouldn’t have it any other way. He puts up with a lot from me and nothing seems to get him down. I wish I could be more like him in that way. In other ways, we are completely alike. We are definitely marshmallows right in the fire kind of people. We could both work much harder at staying organized (unfortunately the combination of the two of us being this way allows us to enable each other but that’s a whole separate issue). Finding the person out there who has your back no matter what is so rewarding that it takes away any fear that I might have about our future. Here’s to 40 more!



What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more?


But I've said that before

No comments: