Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hormonal Pregnancy Woman Rant

So only 39 days until I get this kid out of me. Thank goodness! There are moments where I seriously doubt I can do this for one more hour let alone days. But you find the strength (mainly because you have no choice). I know that these 39 days will go fast and trust me when I say I need them because I really have nothing ready for this baby. But lately I have had some serious second thoughts about naming this baby Elliott. Mainly because everyone looks at me like I’m stupid and I do not want to pass that on to my child. One of my biggest pet peeves in this life is people who saddle their kids with ridiculous names. Every time I meet a Princess, Cherry or Sugar, I seriously cringe. Do people really lack that much respect for their unborn children? I can’t get over how dumb people are. It’s almost as bad for me when people spell their kids names like they just got dropped on their heads. When Isabelle was born, a lady in an online group suggested I spell it Izzabellayah to “be different.” I wanted to ask her how in the hell that proved to the general population how “different” I was other than the fact I was willing to torture my child for years to come on continuously spelling out her name. The other day, I was trying to get an email address from a lady named Victoria. When I stared spelling it out with a V-I, she corrected me. Her name is Veectoryiah. Are you freaking kidding me? Not that I believe Elliott is anywhere near that level, I just don’t think that it has been used enough for girls to establish a pattern of ambiguity between sexes. Do I really want to give that job to my child? I don’t know. My heart tells me yes but my head tells me no. And I’m a head person. And its funny because I love the name Elliott, I love what it represents but the second Chase and I talked about Cambree, it just felt right. So as of now I’m going with this, I just have to break in Grandma Great to the idea…

No comments: