Wednesday, May 13, 2009

You Got A Big Belly


Last night for dinner we went to my Mom’s house. My dad just had surgery on his face and so we stopped by to make sure he recovered. Everyone will be relieved to know that no face transplant will be required at this point though it appears half of his face has been lifted and the other half sags like an old man. I’ll have to get some pictures. Anyway, my mother cooked enough spaghetti for 10 people (I’m not exaggerating at all) to eat and be stuffed. So when she went to scoop out some for Izzy, I told her there was no way that Isabelle would eat that much. Oh but she did. And then she went on to have seconds. Then a bowl of watermelon. Then two bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I couldn’t believe it. She just kept eating. I asked her if she ate anything for lunch and she said a sandwich and soup. Sometimes I wonder if we put things on our kids by assuming too much. Izzy wrapped up the night by singing for me which I got on video. It might be hard for outside ears to understand her, but she is singing Maria the Cowgirl off Sesame Street. There is a great moment where she comments on my stomach that just gave me oodles of self esteem. I guess its her job to make sure I don’t feel too comfortable with myself.

No comments: