Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

On Friday I got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers delievered to my work. The lady at the flower store could barely get through the door. Use the paper towel in the background for a real life size comparison. Chasey sent them to me for Mother’s Day. It was a nice surprise that broke up the work day for me. I know I’m not his mother but it was still great to feel appreciated for all the work I put into our two kids. On Sunday, Chase brought me a carmel apple. It was heaven! Of course by Monday it was easy to see how I had gained 4 ½ pounds in one week. This after coming off the high of losing 2 ½ pounds at the doctor visit before. Oh well. Such is life. It wasn’t only the carmel apple. We met Ryan and Nicki for brunch at Garcias at 9 and then topped it off with a barbeque at my parents at 2. So food was pretty much the focus of the entire day. Walking into Garcia’s, I passed out in the parking lot. I skinned my leg and sprained my ankle. I looked up and my skirt was literally around my neck. I was crying because it was so embarrassing and honestly I don’t really remember too much about breakfast until we went to leave. I had calmed down by that point. Mother’s Day is too much for me to handle. It made me feel really old and decrepit. But the honest truth is that nothing makes me happier than my little angel, especially when she’s sleeping.

No comments: