Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poor Marley

My sister and her family just wrapped up a two week stint here in Southeast Idaho. I haven't seen my little niece since October so it was very exciting. The poor girl is on the short and round side of the spectrum so her clothes never fit just right. Her little booty is always hanging out. It's funny because I bought Izzy a pair of jeans for $2 at Macy's back in the day that were on clearance because they didn't pass inspection. They never quite fit Isabelle right and she was constantly pulling them up which made them look too short for her. These days though, they are the best fitting pair of jeans Marley owns. She is very sweet though. She would sit on my lap and let me play with her hair, which Isabelle never does. She is also a little more peaceful than my child. One night during their visit, Heidi put both girls in timeout together because they wouldn't stop pounding on the baby gate even though they were asked several times to stop. My mom came into the room and tried to save them by saying, "Anyone who's sorry raise your hand to get out." Marley immediately went to raise her hand and Isabelle slapped it down and said, "No Marley, I'm serious." My child would rather meet death than apologize for anything. Marley definitely goes with the flow of things. I'm praying that my next child has a few of these traits!

No comments: