Friday, April 3, 2009

Hell Night

Last night, I feel as though I was seriously almost pushed off the edge of a huge cliff. It was one of those nights where I thought I couldn’t possibly take it for one more second and I wanted to get in my car and drive until I found some place where I don't know anyone. Izzy was in one of those moods where she was ready to see how far she could take things. From the moment I got home, she was acting naughty but it just kept getting worse. I was on the phone and she was trying to talk to me. I couldn’t respond, so she looked right at me and dumped my drink on the carpet. She had the I’ll show you look in her eye. This landed her in the bathtub, which actually gave me 5 minutes to clean up the spill. She jumped out and I was fighting with her over her hair, when she said, “I need a diaper right now.” I ran her to the bathroom, where she sat for a few minutes whining about a diaper. Nothing was happening, so I took her off and went to find a pull up. I came back into the living room and she was crouching like a dog, releasing her bowels two inches from where I just scrubbed up pop. This is where I thought that I might start to snap. I ran through the house looking for wipes (which I have an entire box of but couldn’t find) when I gave up and just brought paper towels in. She was using the tie that my brother-in-law let Chase borrow for a wedding as toilet paper (I swear to goodness Ryan that I will replace it with something better. I’m so sorry). I’m not even joking that this is when I started to see red I was so upset. I finally clean her and the carpet up and bring out her pajamas. Of course, she doesn’t want to wear what I found so she starts screaming and fighting me. She then proceeds to bite me. I put her in time out and then marched her to bed. Unfortunately, her mattress hasn’t arrived yet and we are currently sharing my bed. I was so angry that I slept on the couch. I could hear her screaming all the way across the house for more than 30 minutes. It is moments like this where I start questioning everything good in my life and only focus on the bad. I’m only human…

1 comment:

Nic said...

I have been laughing my ass off for 20 minutes. This and your dad post is the best. Thanks for the laugh.