Friday, April 3, 2009

A Chuck Email

So I was at work yesterday, minding my own business, diligently trying to work with the most unuser friendly program in the entire world, when this email pops up in my inbox.



You might have to click on it to be able to see it in a larger size, but it's an email from my dad that only includes a subject line of:
when you talk to mom have her buy me a bag of chips to bring to work tomorrow thanks

Naturally, I reply with this.

Katie: I assumed this was some kind of weird joke but I told her anyway.
Chuck: NO JOKE i'M TOO BUSY TO CALL HER THANKS A BIG BAG FOR TEAM LUNCH
Yes, my father emailed me to call my mother and ask her to buy him some chips to take to work the next day. I honestly thought he was joking because why would a 50+ year old man who not only has to pass a Maverick on his way home from work that day but AGAIN the next morning on his way to work need his wife to buy him a bag of chips? I was trying to imagine how I would react in this situation and I have to say that I most likely wouldn't be as accommodating as my mother who amiably brought home a bag of Tostidos. I guess after 25 years, this is some kind of sign of true love? I hope so...
But I haven't told you the real kicker yet. This is the part of the story where it starts to get good. Guess who stopped at Maverick on his way home that very night for a case of beer?

No comments: