Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Don't Shoot!

I haven't forgotten about my blog. It only seems this way because I have been on vacation.

Well if you call six people traveling in one car across the country a vacation. But I don't have one picture to show of our good time because I lost my camera. I was freaking out the day we left because I didn't want to leave without it. So Chase and I ran around and finally located the camera.

 Guess what? I left without it. And now I really CAN'T find it. I have torn the house apart at least a dozen times since I have been home and it is nowhere to be found.

This is pretty much the story of my life, so I'm not concerned.

But I have no photo documentation of any of the trip. And I don't want to bore you with the details. The point of the matter is that we drove through eight states and had a great time.

We got to spend Christmas with Heidi, Josh & Marley which was naturally awesome. I saw my Missouri family and spent New Year's with my aunt.

I even got to see my nephew who recently moved to Denver. Izzy and  I were over the moon excited. Cam Cam came along out of requirement. That is the story of her life.

The one time on the trip I really REALLY wished I had my camera was when Braxton gave Izzy a controller to his new PS3 to teach her how to play. Cambri grabbed one to and sat on her knees, just like the big kids. It was very sweet, but you will have to take my word for it.

While visiting Braxton, we went to the Butterfly Emporium of Denver. It was neat.

And while I don't have any pictures, I have a 19 second video clip on why 18 month old babies shouldn't be allowed to visit.

Please ignore my dirty shoes. I had just walked through an unplowed parking lot.



I was mortified.

And five minutes after this was taken, Cam Cam took a leap off the top of a three step stepladder. And I reached out to grab her and caught her by the tips of four fingers on a single hand.

And pulled the elbow right out of the socket. We spent 2 hours in an urgent care center.

Now all of you can rest easily at night knowing that the poor butterfly was vindicated. And Cambri got her first lesson in what we like to refer to as "what goes around, comes around."

Too bad it didn't register.

No comments: