Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Harper Thomas Lanier

My little nephew is scheduled to be born today. Isn't that funny to say a baby can be scheduled? Yes, my sister is like freaking Britney Spears with scheduled births. What a diva.

Well actually she is being induced and I believe B.S had both of her babies via C-seciton so Heidi will have to search for another kind of connection. I hope she finds it because I love me some Britney.

Anyway that officially means my mom will have a grandchild here on Earth that she has never met. And that is a very sad thought. But something happened yesterday.

I didn't cry. And I haven't cried today yet either.

Am I getting "over it"? NO!  But is there a tiny (and I'm mean MICROSCOPIC) part of me who realizes that my mom is free of sin and struggle. And that isn't a bad thing.

Ok I'm crying. So much for that.

But little Harper is a perfect person as of right now. A perfect person in a very imperfect world. I can't wait to meet him.

Last night my sister called to tell me she was in labor.

My heart started pounding and I was shakey. I was ready to throw up.

And then she said, "Just kidding!"

I'm going to kick her next time I see her. Which will be this weekend. Me and the ladies are flying out this Friday for five days of quaility Marley and Harper time. Josh and Heidi we don't really care about but those babies are sure sweet. I'm excited to get there. But not for the two flights and three hours in a rental car that it's going to take me to get there. Wish me luck.

Especially after Izzy told me that she KNOWS Cam Cam is going to be naughty and she is just going to laugh instead of help. I took it as a bad omen for the trip. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: