Monday, December 13, 2010

I Only Changed 2 Diapers Yesterday

There are things I enjoy about parenting. Namely being able to order off the kids menu and pretend like its for my kid.

Good thing they like to share.

But there are things that I hate, hate, seriously hate. Namely diaper duty. This pleasure has been mine for four years and for a wonderful 3 month overlapping period, I did it for two kids. And I mananged to keep going somehow. I don't know how.

And since I started staying at home, I am going crazy with diapers. It is a never ending nightmare that I am up against.

And yet, yesterday, I only did it one time. And no, Chase is not home. My day went a little something like this. I got up and changed a diaper. Yes, it was an awesome way to kick things off. We went to church until 12 and then went straight to Ryan and Nikki's house to drop Izzy off. On the way home, Cam Cam fell asleep and naturally I didn't want to wake her up. Let sleeping babies sleep peeps, trust me! So I put her straight to bed. This was about 1:30. And she didn't wake up until 6:30.

It was a little piece of heaven dropped straight into my lap.

When she woke up, I changed diaper #2. And when she went to bed at 8:00, it was still completely dry. So I just put her to bed. I didn't know what else to do.

And that peeps, was an awesome diaper day. Wow, my life is boring.

No comments: