Friday, August 13, 2010

Talk Me Off The Ledge, I'm BEGGING You!


We had a birthday at the Burke house.


My little princess turned 4.


I know she usually acts like she is 13 but at least I could know deep down that she was only 3.


But alas, I no longer have a toddler. I have a 4 year old who will be starting kindergarten one year from now.

 You are probably thinking "WTH??"  You are too young to have a four year old. I KNOW!!

At least the people at Sizzler won't think I'm a food thief when Izzy and I sit there and argue about how old she is in front of them. 3 & under eat free but Izzy hated to be reminded that she was only 3 when Jade is 4 and Natasha is 5. So she would say she was 4 and the cashier would look accusingly at me, like I was too cheap to pay $3.99 for the three pieces of broccoli Izzy was going to nibble on.

One crisis adverted (Of course now I will FOR SURE have to pay for Izzy to eat).  But that leaves another perdicament (or two)...

I feel so old. And sad because I wish my mom was here.


But aside from all that, we had such a good time. We let Izzy pick anywhere she wanted to go for dinner.

Guess what she picked?

Leo's Place!

Or A Little Piece of Hell, which I like to call it.

And she only referred to me as "Stepmother" two times during the evening. As in "Ok stepmother" when I asked her to stop and eat dinner and "Yes stepmother" when I said it was time to leave. Success!

But above all, Happy Birthday Isabelle Grace from your mean old mom.

No comments: