Sunday, August 22, 2010

I AM NOT A Calm Person

You all remember that that it was Izzy's birthday recently, right?

This is her on her brand new BIKE! I can't believe how good she is on it. So good in fact, that we took her on a bike ride.

We rode to Leo's Place for dinner with Paula, Natasha and Jhanna. No, I don't live at Leo's Place. It only feels that way to me.

But the girls made it the whole way.

I almost passed out from anxiety when I saw Izzy cruising as fast as she could over bumps, holes, curbs and other irregularties in the sidewalk. I had to keep repeating to myself that a few bumps and bruises never hurt anyone.

But my mind kept TELLING ME that kids get killed on bikes on streets EVERYDAY.

And Chase kept encouraging her TO GO FASTER. It was really too much for me to handle. There isn't enough antianxiety medication in the world for me to ever do this again.

I just can't handle the stress.

But looking back, we all had a good time. Even Cam Cam.

1 comment:

The Lanier Family said...

Izzy is definately advanced in the bike riding department... I can't believe you let her cross 1st street!!(jk)