Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Always Knew This Was True

Izzy has been stubborn since birth. I found out this week that she was even stubborn in utero. I swear it's a Burke trait. On with the story. We drove back from Utah last Wednesday and Izzy was in a story telling mood. Izzy wanted to tell me her version of the day she was born and it went a little something like this.

Izzy: "When I was in your belly, I didn't really like it. You talked too much and went to bed too early. And I didn't have my pillow. But when it was time for me to come out, I changed my mind. I held on really tight with all my fingers like this. (Izzy arches her fingers so they resemble little claws.) I knew you were trying to push me out but I kept holding on. Then I started laughing. I would hold on and say 'hehehehehehehehe' over and over again."

Are you beginning to see what I'm up against here?

No comments: