Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chase Vs. Katie

Chase's weekend view.


Katie's weekend view.


Chase was among his people at Invesco Field @ Mile High.



I was among my people at our little home on Royal Avenue (it's not as luxurious as it sounds and yes, we oft run around with our tutu's on).


Ironically, we both dealt with a lot of screaming


Chase is sooooooooooooo spolied. He got to fly to Denver to see the Broncos play while I stayed at home.

Can I just say how much I love my husband? He deserved the trip because he works harder than any other person I know.


I know that I usually get caught up in my kids when I start to write. It really is a curse sometimes because as much as I love the girls, I sometimes forget to note the other good things in my life. Chase has been at work for three weeks (which means that I’m at work, on call or otherwise up to my elbows in diapers 24 hours a day but this really is more about him) and he is so committed to our family that he is already out there working with his brother on a new project. He really never stops. Whenever I get caught up in something bigger than myself (current project: A Burke Family Christmas, check back later for more details) he is always there to remind me that I am a better person for knowing him and loving him. I am so lucky!

1 comment:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

This post made me laugh out loud... especially the pile of diapers. I have to sometimes remind myself of how hard my husband works to support me and how much he loves me too. I find myself being jealous that he gets to deal with adults so much all day. This was a sweet post.