Monday, March 9, 2009

Disneyland!




Disneyland, it really is the happiest place on earth. Of course, when we got back, I found out that my workplace had been going through major turmoil and both of the General Managers I work with are moving on. Russ’s last day was actually my first day back. When I was having a blast at Disneyland, he was finding out bad news, which completely breaks my heart. But back to the trip. I really didn’t want to remember by birthday because I turned 25 and that was extremely hard for me. I’m 25 with two kids! Crazy! Chase didn’t say anything to me when we woke up, which really was fine. We drove all the way to LA and he still didn’t say anything. The drive was nice because while traffic was completely stopped, the car pool lane was completely empty. We got to LA even earlier than we expected. Even before Disneyland opened. Chasey asked me what I wanted to do for breakfast and I said, “Well, I guess because it’s my birthday, I should get to pick.” All the color drained from Chase’s face and his hands dropped to the bottom of the steering wheel. I could see behind his glasses that his eyes were moving a mile a minute while he decided if he should acknowledge my comment or drive the car off a cliff. I was laughing so hard. Chase proves his love 365 days a year by being sweet and loving me so I can give him a break. Besides, if we spend the next 60 years together, I now have a free pass. I really didn’t need a reminder of a being a quarter of a century anyway. We got to Disneyland, paid $12 to park and then were off on our grand adventure. Izzy loved the Finding Nemo Submarine Ride and the Tea Cups. While we were on the Tea Cups she said, “Isn’t this so much fun guys?” It was really cute. The rest of the day was kind of blah for her. She was excited to meet Mickey, but when I asked if she wanted to meet Goofy, she said, “No thanks. I just want to go to the beach.” If only we have known, we could have saved a lot of money. I definitely think that it was a good family experience for us to go together but I also could see how she would have much more fun in a few years. She didn’t like waiting in line especially because she had no concept of what we were waiting for. But I’m looking forward to taking her back one day!

1 comment:

Tamye said...

You totally have Chase for forgetting your birthday!!! I'm glad you had a memorable birthday anyway. We did remember while you were gone but we didn't have cake... bummer!

Love the story of the trip. I'm glad you guys had a great time.