Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Disneyland Balloon

Considering this has taken me much longer than anticipated, I feel as though it is time to wrap up the vacation memories. There was just more thing that I wanted to include and then you will no longer be subjected to my attempt to live in the past. When we went to Disneyland, Izzy really wanted a balloon. Every time she saw one, she would beg for one. We told her that she could have one right before we went home. As luck would have it, right as we were walking out, there was a balloon lady. Of course, right when it was our turn, she ran out of weights and she couldn’t sell any more $7 balloons without a weight. After waiting for 15 minutes and seeing her with a ton of balloons in her hands, this was kind of frustrating. Especially because explaining this to a two year old is impossible. We had been at the park for 11 hours and it was time to go home, but we agreed to wait for her until she could go track down some weights. We waited and waited and finally my lack of patience would not let me stand around for one more minute. But Chase refused to leave until Izzy was happy. The point in me telling this story is so that one day Izzy can read this and know that her dad walked around Disneyland for another 20 minutes looking for another balloon person just so that he wouldn’t be a liar and because he loves her so much. Of course, when he did find a balloon person, it was the same one who completely ditched us and had I been there I would have asked for her manager’s name because I was LIVID but this is beside the point. Izzy got her purple mouse ears balloon and she played with that thing everyday until we had to leave it at the hotel. Chase was actually trying to find a way to untie it so that he could take it home and have it blown up again. I walked him through basic reasoning skills to see if we could establish how it would be conducive to my sanity to haul trash across state lines so that it could lay around our house and he finally understood this was completely unrealistic. But he has heart. I really have no idea where it came from but he has the biggest heart of anyone I know.

No comments: