Friday, March 20, 2009

Worst Mom Ever




I ended up bawling last night because I almost let my child get hit by a car. She was in the coat room and all of a sudden she was gone. I thought she was hiding in the coats so by the time I realized she was outside, she was already at the end of the garage. The second that she saw me, she thought it was a game and took off. I started chasing after her and before I knew it she was at the end of the driveway and she didn't even pause to look up before she was in the road. I was screaming so loud that my mom came outside and she started screaming. My parents have trees at the end of their driveway so you really can't see the road, but I could hear a car coming. I was running as fast as I could and I heard the car slam on the brakes. Izzy was completely across the road and by the time I caught up to her. I was bawling and I spanked her, so she was bawling. I am so thankful that the person driving the car was attentive enough to be able to stop so quickly. I ended up crying for another hour. Izzy asked me while I was so sad and I told her it was because she scared me. She said, "Don't worry Momma. I won't be scary anymore." I can only hope right? I took the pictures above last weekend. Izzy loves her Elmo Live. I was a little hesitant to buy it because the consumer reviews weren't that great but I'm glad I did. She reads to Elmo, hauls him around, dances with him and so on. She's pretty sweet.

No comments: