Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bad Month

If I have any readers left, then I need to apologize! I had a bad month!

Not only because I am a bad mom or had a horrible blogging month.

I had a bad month. Period.


Chase's 14-year-old cousin lost his battle with lymphoma. Watching two parents bury their baby changes you in a way that you will never recover from. The injustice of a fallen world is enough to take your breath away. It was a heart wrenching experience for us and we weren't burying our oldest child.


Luckily our children were well behaved on the way down to Salt Lake City. Yeah Cambri watched a movie through the sleeve of her coat. But she did it quietly. You can do anything in our house if you do it quietly.

The funeral on the other hand was another story. Here is a small selection of the hundred of photos Izzy took on my phone while she waited with Grandma and Cambri out in the hall.





Izzy was the good one. It was Cambri who had to go because she was insistent on running up and down our row, screaming "I win, I lose. I win, I lose." She means "I win, you lose" but her understanding of correctly used pronouns escapes her limited knowledge of the English language at this point.

Izzy eventually had to join her because her distraught crying was distracting other people who were grieving. I love the empathy that my five-year-old has. It's a quality I hope she never loses.

Austin was a sweet soul who will be missed. Will you pray for his family? They are starting a very difficult "new chapter" and they need all the help they can get.


1 comment:

*star said...

Sorry, friend. Sometimes life just is unbelievably hard, and it's difficult to want to put your game face back on. Sorry, sorry, sorry.