Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Isabelle



I have been entirely too concentrated on myself lately and haven't spoken about my true passion. Isabelle is growing up and becoming all the more independent. It doesn't matter where we go, but from the second we arrive, she is campaigning to stay. It starts out with, "Ok Bye Mom," when we walk in the door. Even though I'm not leaving. Then she runs to the person who actually belongs in the home and says, "I want to stay with you. Ok?" Then she refuses to accept that she has to go home with me. People probably think I beat the poor kid. I don't. I am relistening to my strong willed child book on CD and this expression of independence is supposedly very normal but I still feel bad. She always wants to do her own thing. I can't help it. She was eating some candy last weekend and I stole one from her. She watched me put in my mouth and then cupped her hand under my chin and told me to "spit it." Her voice was all stern and I thought she looked all grown up for a second. When I started laughing she said, "You can't have anymore for the rest of the day because you don't listen." Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming you had your baby by now. Hope everything went well and you are enjoying your new addition. Can't wait to see a post about her.