Wednesday, June 17, 2009

3 cm!

Yayyy! I went to the doctor and I'm already dilated to a 3! This baby actually may come anyday now. Though the doctor did preface this next comment with the disclaimer of "some woman stay at a 3 for weeks," he did seem to think that I wouldn't have to wait that long and "it would progress rather quickly". He probably shouldn't have told me that because now my anxiety levels are up after every slight pain or movement. I keep thinking this must be it. This must be what labor feels like. But alas nothing seems to move ahead. I run to the mirror (ok so the word "run" is misleading, I couldn't really even truthfully say "move quickly") every morning to see if the baby looks like its coming down at all. Now that Dr. O said it could be anyday, this kid is going to get stubborn and wait it out. Izzy is a Leo and she actually matches fairly closely with most character traits of children born under a fire sign. So I'm ok with waiting until June 21st so this baby would be a Cancer. They say water children are more complacent. The doctor moved my ultrasound up to next Monday so that we can establish the size of this baby. I'm going to curse myself by throwing this out there, but when Dr. O saw Izzy on her last ultrasound, he induced me the next day because of her size. So hopefully I'm really close to meeting our newest (AND LAST) addition.

No comments: