Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our Little Monkey

We are the proud adopted parents of a new baby. A new monkey baby that is. I'm anticipating this one will be easier than a real baby. It better be! Or I will have to unadopt it. It's funny that my aunt would pick this paticular animal to adopt in our name because it is Izzy's favorite display at the zoo. The monkeys have so much energy and the are so much fun to watch. They had little baby monkeys last year that made my child look easy to take care of. These things were crashing into the glass and putting on a real show for us mortals. But next time you are at the Tautphaus Park Zoo, look for our name on the plaque next to the penguin display with all the other adoptive parents that are busy supporting our important community centerpiece. I should also mention that we got a zoo pass for the next year, so Isabelle and I will be spending alot of time getting to know our new family member. Thanks Aunt Cyndy!

No comments: