Monday, January 5, 2009

Good Riddance!

2008 was a crappy year for me. I shouldn't complain because my family is healthy and so forth (plus I don't want to curse 2009) but I really could have skipped the entire year and been much happier. Starting back in January when I lost my job and a pregnancy on the same day (January 15th). While I was lucky to get an eleventh hour transfer to a different department, a lot of my identity was wrapped up in what I did for a living. A year later I can't really say that I have gotten over it. Don't get my wrong, my new job allows me to be based out of Idaho Falls and only travel to Pocatello one day a week instead of five, but I don't feel any passion over what I do anymore. In fact, most days I have to drag myself into the office. My grandpa died back in October which I still find devasting and it still brings me to tears at least once a day. In May, my sister abandoned me for South Dakota and I don't think it has hit me yet. I think I keep assuming she's on some kind of hellish vacation that is going to end soon. I spent the last day of 2008 so sick that I could barely get out of bed yet I had a house full of guests with kids running everywhere. As I write this, I keep telling myself that I need to put some positive things down. My husbands job is still dependable. My baby is like a little sponge who is growing and learning so fast that sometimes it take my breath away. But I can hope for a little more out of 09 right?

No comments: